Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hi there....

Hi all,
Just getting started but wanted to give a taste of what to expect here. I'm an avid reader. If it has been written unless it is incredibly bad I am at least willing to try reading it. I have even read the front of the yellow pages when stranded without a book.
I enjoy sharing what I have read. Letting friends know what books I have liked, which not so much, which weren't to my taste and which I can't see how any one could like. Since my friends have trusted me to read and review books for them for years I thought I would give it a try for general audiences. It's a bit easier for my friends since I know them well enough to be able to tailor my opinion to their preferences. This will be a bit different for me.
I am also a writer. So far other than my college newspaper and some group newsletters I haven't been published but I am working on it. I wrote my first book (complete with illustrations) in second grade. I write in a wide variety of genres. At the moment I have a children picturebook completed that needs to be submitted to a publisher, and my WIPs include: A children's book about a mouse and kitten who are friends, a sci-fi based on aliens and my cat, a paranormal romance, a romance about a second chance at love and family, some short stories and a couple of erotic romances. Some of those WIPs are barebones research and ideas some have several chapters done, some I am rewriting because though they were backed up sections were lost when I killed my pc. If you can do it to a computer I probably have.
I hope you will come back and see what I have to say. It may be a review of a book, an excerpt of a WIP, or information on other authors or contests but it will always be something unique.

No comments: